Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just a few more days to Spring Break

Oh my goodness I have been so busy posting to Doreen everyday I have totally ignored my website.

In just 3 days I will be leaving to go to Austin and see my wonderful grandbabies. Ralph and I went to Tulsa this weekend to see them. And of course I had to get down and dirty and clean Britt's house before I could even sit down! Oh how nice it would be to visit one time and not have to clean, but it does make me feel like I'm still needed!!!! NOT!

We went to eat at Lone Star Steakhouse. That was an experience. It took them 2 hours almost before we were served. Now try keeping a 20 month old and a 4 1/2 month old quiet in that amount of time. Sophie is so funny, she likes to coo and holler. She enjoys hearing herself. Now Ralph who can't hear anything just kept holding his ears when she hollered. Natalie asked him how he couldn't hear us when we tried to talk to him but her hollering was hurting his ears. LOL. It was fun I walked Sophie around and around, she likes to walk. She doesn't like to just sit. We got to know all the servers and customers real well. Everyone had a smile for her as we went around the room. Izy wanted to eat Britt's salad. He asked Nat if she ever told her No. LOL He is such a baby, she was eating all his cheese. After that remark she threw some cheese back at him. She didn't have a clue what she had just done and how perfect it fit in with his remark, but it sure looked like she knew what she was doing. Pretty funny.

I am finally getting over this crud I have had for 2 weeks. Maybe some good ole Texas sun will dry me out. OH OH and I hope that the Blue Bonnets are in bloom. How I love the Blue Bonnets. I am determined to do a painting of the Blue Bonnets some day. I have seen so many that I like, but I want one that I DID.

This should be an interesting trip, Travis drove back with Nat and the two girls. He will be there till Tuesday, Lisa and her three girls and me and Ace are going down to stay, and my mom will be coming on Saturday to stay till Tuesday, which is the day that Travis is leaving. I think there will be 11 or 12 bodies and 3 dogs. I believe Natalie and Garth will have there fill of all of us by the time the week is over. It should make for a good post next week.

I remember when my mom and dad lived overseas and they would come back to the states every summer for 32 days. That would be my family of 5, then Ralph for 32 days. Ralph being an only child from a small family was totally overwhelmed by all of them. LOL But you know the old saying, when you marry, you marry the whole fam damily! It was quiet hairy at times. My mom and Ralph got along like a cat and dog. I believe I walked around on pins and needles the whole time never knowing what one would say to the other. No wonder I would get a migraine at least oncel while everyone was there. Finally mom told me to just leave them alone and they would be just fine. It finally worked after years of hard work. LOL Now they are pretty use to each other.

Well now Garth has transferred to Texas and taken my daughter and grandkids of course, so he will now get to know my whole family, but thank goodness he comes from a family of 5 and he won't be as shell shocked as Ralph was! LOL

More later

1 comment:

m harris said...

Oh Sharlette, I have gotten such a kick out of your blog, especially the one tonight.lol I could relate to what you were saying about Ralph and your mom. I remember some funny things, but they wern't funny back when. Your writing is so hilarious. It must be a circus at Britt's.
Keep writing.
Love, Mayola