Friday, May 1, 2009

PROCRASTINATION!

I have got to quit procrastinating about sitting down and doing a painting. I have everything any artist could want to get started. I know I can paint, I have the paintings to prove it. There is nothing I can't do. The thing is my areas to paint are so cluttered with my art junk and that is a lot of junk, kids clutter from college days and growing up days, hunting clutter, my son hunts and it is everywhere in his room in the garage, my paint room, my closet and every corner that is open. My life has become one big clutter and I don't know where to start. These last few years I had hurt my back then had back surgery and things just kept piling up and now I don't know where to start. I have become a pack rat and I don't know what to throw away because I have lost things and I am afraid if I throw anything away I will throw away something important that I lost. What I really need is for my kids to come help me get rid of their stuff and my stuff and then we have some things from family members who have passed on that we don't really want to get rid of. But I am getting to the point that I don't want THINGS! THINGS CLUTTER THE MIND! THINGS CLUTTER YOUR LIFE! THINGS ARE JUST, THAT, THINGS! THEY HAVE NO MEANING! THINGS ARE JUST CLUTTER! Now that I have said that I feel so much better. I just can't stop thinking about how we have had to get rid of so many things when Ralph's mom and aunt died in their homes. And how hard it was for Ralph as an only child to have to be the one to clear it all out. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to start this I would sure appreciate it. I feel like I am drowning. I can't be creative when I am consumed with despair(clutter/things)! LOL Maybe I should do a painting of my despair(clutter/things)! That would be a trip! I should do a Daily painting contest with a picture of all my clutter. That would be fun to see my clutter/things from someone else's point of view. Maybe I should hire an organizer to come organize my house and garage! Maybe I should just have an estate sale and start all over! (But keep my art supplies and husband) Oh well if anyone reads this I would sure appreciate your ideas as to where to start besides with a match!
+

2 comments:

Courtney (Holt) Perot said...

If you need a professional organizer I know one. She was my neighbor in BA and I just love her. I started getting rid of "stuff" last year when we found out we were moving. I loved my house even more once it was de-cluttered. I say go for it! Good luck!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Sharlette,

I once read a saying "If not now, when, if not me, who?" It helped me so much to get painting. Then clutter, busy schedules, emotional turmoil, you name it, can't get in the way of creating. What helps us to create is creating. Your writing is great, now draw or paint something and post it. Once that's done, do it again. Why? You're audience is waiting. Once that's done, do it again, because they're waiting again. Pretty soon it will become almost a habit.

I wish you great artistic success. From a very cluttered house, artist.

Take care,

Barbara