Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Everything I have painted today looks like POOP!

FYI:
Due to the different Blogs I have been reading about pirating and publicly calling those artists out by name. I want to point out that this pansy painting is from an online class I am taking with Dan Edmondson. And if I forget to point that out when posting those class projects I will apologize right now.

I have had the crappiest 2 days in painting.  I can't seem to do anything right.  I am just wondering why I am doing this!  I thought it was suppose to relaxing.  Today, I just decided to clean the brushes and walk away for awhile.  I am so frustrated I don't know how to get out of this slump.  Everything goes to mud.  It starts out good, then when I try to paint wet on wet it goes down hill from there.  Maybe I'm just not a wet on wet painter.   Maybe I need to paint in Acrylics for awhile.  Tap Tap Tap, is this thing on?  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Probably not, because I'm an unknown!  For a reason!  LOL

This is how it started... then it just went down hilll


This is what it looks like now:


 

Basically, the flowers got worse so I proceeded to wipe them out, then all the detail you see on the bowl got smeared with the paper towel and then it was over.. I totally had to wipe out the background the detail on the bowl. 

And another mud



Thank you for letting me get this frustration out of my system , computer.  Because this evening I just want to throw everything away or sell it one and go to my room and cry!  It is frustrating and if I ever figure it out, it will be in this blog and I will be able to go back and laugh at this someday.  Maybe...

Off to bed!

3 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

You are on the right track, Sharlette. Wiping off is absolutely the right thing to do and you are to be commended for doing it. It is a sign of growth when you can see it is not right. Remember back in the very beginning..we all go thru this... we are so pleased with our attempts and then six months later we look at what we did and can see the flaws. This never changes but the bar gets higher.
I will email you with some hints.

Alexiev said...

Cool artwork...

Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar

Proyectos - Illustrations

Alexiev Store - venta de originales

@alexievg en twitter

Shannon said...

Hi Sharlette,

I just wanted to stop by and offer you some encouragement. I think you're so talented. I love reading your blog and looking at your art. You are so talented-I wish I were as skilled as you are but it will be awhile. I understand having to step away for a bit to get some of that energy and inspiration back, but I hope you keep painting. It'd be a shame if you didn't.