Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lesson 2 with Daniel Edmonson

I've been busy this week and haven't been able to post. I'm in Pawhuska and trying to get some things done up here before winter and before the new baby gets here.

I did manage to get a painting done this week, and I am starting on another after this post.


the pic didn't come out that well and I still have some changes to make to it after its been critiqued by the man himself.

While here this week I have done some fun things. Saturday I brought the girls to Pawhuska with me and we went to the Pawhuska County Fair. They had a ball on the Jumpers.



Then we came to the house and they played outside on one of their old slides they've had forever.







so, as you can see, I have had a fun filled week.

Monday I decided to take a drive out to see the Tall Grass Prairie. That was fun as well here are a few pics I took on the 20+ mile drive:







Doesn't this dead tree look like a Kokopelli?







The shadow you see is nothing paranormal, only a smeared dead bug on the windshield!




Check out the mom and baby, this was a surprise, I had pulled up to a bridge and got out to take pics of the stream. I didn't see these guys until I saw something move in my camera so I zoomed in as best I could.





Here was an interesting truck. A pic for a possible future painting.



And how about some of the wild Mustangs that some of the cattle ranchers are housing for the Government. They are very spooky so they were about to break and run.









Hope you enjoyed my trip to Osage County and the pics I took on the Tall Grass Prairie. It is so dry its not that pretty, but you get an idea of the vastness and what they have to offer.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Pawhuska,United States

3 comments:

get a life said...

Sharlette, Your paintings are wonderful! Do you sell them? Jane Gibbons (Your Words With Friends late night friend)

Sharlette White said...

Yes, Jane I do sell them, I just don't push them off on everybody. I paint because I love to. If someone is interested far be it from me to deprive them of one of my Masterpieces! LOL but most of my family and some close friends usually get them for Christmas and Birthdays.

I read your husband's post on drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and I so Agree with what he said. When we were at Orange Beach this last summer I couldn't stop thinking about the oil spill, how it had affected the locals and was very reluctant to eat the sea food.

The whole time those people who were interviewed from BP? Can't remember right off, I kept saying, they don't give a crap because it's not their country!

Oh well I'll get off my soap box, his article just reminded me of how ticked I was over the whole mess!

Now, thank you for your compliment and come by anytime because I am trying to post 1 or more paintings a week!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Hi Sharlette,

Thanks for your post on my blog.

I really enjoyed your paintings and photos of your driving trip. Talk about wild life...buffalo, wild horses and deer, all in 20 miles! Very exciting, thanks for sharing.