Sunday, September 18, 2011

Practice

I have been practicing like crazy and taking this opportunity before Baby Nacho, grand baby #3, arrives on September 28. I know this because you ask? Because we do C sections.

Daniel sent me a photo of this still life to practice on. When I looked at it I thought it would be too hard, but it ended up being easier than I thought. I have such a tendency to overwork paintings and while I know I did that to this one, I really liked the way the flowers turned out. I was very loose with them and just dabbed the different values of yellow in order to get the effect of a snap dragon.

Here's the final product



I also set up a Still Life of tomatoes. The background isn't really this light, it's more of a golden yellow.


Now I am off to find something else to paint. Possibly the picture of the buffalo I took on the Tall grass Prairie drive.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Daniel Edmondson Studio said...

wonderful painting! nice rich color and drama in the painting...Dan

Sharlette White said...

BTW this was taken on a crooked easel. The table isn't rally crooked in the painting. LOL