Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Wonderful Valentines Weekend


What a wonderful weekend Ralph and I had. We went to Tulsa for a Dinner Dance he takes me too every year. We dress up in After five attire, tuxedos for the guys. It's fun to do that once a year. I guess we could call it our Old People's Prom LOL.

There was a fantastic band called "Mid Life Crisis" I know the name is corny, but they were far from corny. Seems they opened for the Eagles last November and they are very impressive. They sang the Beatles, Beegees, Chicago, Van Morrison, Eagles, Loggins & Messina, Dooby Brothers, Temptations, My gosh I don't think there was any group they didn't sing a song of from bands in the 60's and some early 70's. There had to be 8-10 members. If you ever get the opportunity to hear them GO, you won't be able to sit. Ralph and I danced more than we have in years. You couldn't keep from dancing.

I babysat the boys and girls Friday night, Ace, Drake, and then Carly. She is a hoot. Ace is suffering from a small fracture in his back and a herniated disc. He is loosing control of his hind legs because of it. I guess the drive to Tulsa totally stressed him out and he was screaming with pain Friday night. I had to call the Vet to get permission to give him a pain pill and increase his prednisone. Finally around bed time he started moving a little. By Saturday morning he was a lot better. I can not figure out how this happened to him. It all started after the ice storm. I don't know whether he twisted his back and slid funny on the ice or what. I had dropped the leash on his back the other day. I don't know it just breaks my heart to see this little guy in pain. I love that dog as much as my grandbabies. I just hope he gets better with out back surgery.

Oh my poor grandbaby suffered a casualty this weekend. When Britt told me what happened I was concerned but I was more concerned for Natalie. She is such a careful mother and we all know you can be the most careful person in the world but accidents happen and heaven only knows those babies can get into something before you know it. I told Britt my heart goes out to Nat I know how it feels when your baby gets hurt, but it sounds to me like she was calm like her Daddy always was. I couldn't have made it through our catastrophes with out Ralph, he was always my rock. I always said the Good Lord watched over my babies because Heaven only knows I would go to pieces when something happened to them. It's a long story, but it has to do with giving a child up for adoption. You always think something is going to happen to those around you for your punishment.

One of these days I'll go into that story, it's a good one and it had a happy ending. We found each other and it has been a very positive experience. Her parents mean the world to me and my children love their sister like she was raised right there with them. And her parents feel the same about Natalie and Britt. It is a wonderful thing, not all birth reunions turn out like ours. But I think if everyone keeps their feelings in check it can work out like ours did.

Well that's all for tonight. Please remember to keep Doreen in your prayers, she is still recooperating and needs all of us praying for her.

No comments: