Sunday, August 28, 2011

Online workshop with Daniel Edmondson

I happened upon an artist the other night that offers weekly tips on painting. I fell in love with his techniques for one, but mainly his knowledge of color and expertise in completing a painting without getting hung up on the small stuff. We are all on the road to get better, but if you really want to get right down to it, we want to be able to look at a picture, objects or scenery and complete a painting that we feel good about and hope that others will enjoy as well.

I signed up for his online lessons and this is my attempt today at the first assignment.


I have emailed this to him and he will critique it and recommend some changes and I will post the finished painting after I make corrections...  I don't like the way the table and rug are looking.  I am going to rework that tomorrow.
There are 10 paintings that you complete in a session. The particular one I'm doing now is Still Life. The next one he is starting soon is Landscapes. There are 10 photos and he will do a demo of each photo and you will also have the opportunity to complete a painting as well of the photos.

Check out Dan's website and sign up for his weekly tips at http://www.oilpaintingworkshop.com/ or you can like him and follow him on Facebook Daniel Edmondson Fine Art.

No comments: