Sunday, August 28, 2011

That dang stupid Julian French Easel

I have a plein air easel that is driving me INSANE! I can not get the thing to work! The legs will not stay open. It's legs are like a grasshopper, only I can't figure out how to make it stand up without collapsing on me. Now I can't figure out how to close it up! I have tried on several occasions to use it and I am so mad that I have lost my religion and too mad to paint. So there it sits in my garage. Someday I hope to meet Someone who can show me how to make it work. In the mean time I just hold the canvas in my hand use a tv tray and a lawn chair and out in the country I go. If anyone reading this knows the secret to using those dang easels or knows of a video showing how they work, it would be great. As it is now I feel like a character in a cartoon, that gets eaten by a pop up tent! Grrrrrr!

I would even take suggestions from anyone who knows of an easel that I don't have to sell the birth right of my first born in order to purchase!

1 comment:

mary maxam said...

I do have a Julian French Easel and it's a bit cumbersome so I switched to an EasyL and they have several different models and are very straightforward to set up. Your painting excersize with Dan E looks good...nice job! Mary