Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Challenge - 22" (July 18 To Aug 28) - 2011

Trying to start back to painting again.  Just got started and had to stop, but I am going to keep plugging away and maybe I will be able to get back into being more disciplined before its all over with. 

I came upon this challenge while I was on my trip and enjoyed the fact that you get to be critiqued.  I need critique!  Bad!  I seem to have almost forgotten everything I know.  But one thing I do know is that practice makes perfect and that is why so many artists are doing the painting a day challenge. 

I love to look at Karen Appleton's Blog.  I use to wonder how she kept from getting bored painting presents.  I mean how many times can you paint them.  But as I watched her paintings progress from one to the other, I began to see how the folds of the loops  should look in comparison to the other in order for the bow look as beautiful as hers do.  I might add that I can see how she has progressed since I first started following her.

I like to look at each artist's blog from beginning to now and see how far they have progressed.  The blogs are a wonderful way to keep up with one's progress.  I just need to paint more so mine will start getting better and not look the same with each post.  In other words Sharlette you need to get  MO BETTER, SHARLETTE!   MO BETTER!

Just a little practice on some lemons.  I'm starting out simple to get back into it.  

1 comment:

Daniel Edmondson said...

Hi Sharlette,
welcome to painting with me...I like your daily paintings...I did daily paintings for 2 yrs and it was a great experience ...learned alot.
Best to you,
Dan