Monday, October 17, 2011

Finally Home and Ready to Paint

Well I finally made it home after two and a half weeks taking care of my daughter , the girls and the new grandbaby.  So today I hit the makeshift studio in the garage and started finishing up some paintings I started before I left.

As I said in an earlier post, I am taking some on line courses with Dan Edmondson and the last lesson I was working on was giving me fits.  So the vacation from the painting seems to have paid off because I got back into it today.  I have sent it in for a critique and we'll see what the recommendations are and the final in a few days.


I also have been working on a  plein air piece of a spot in my friends garden.  She works in her yard every year and adds to it.  I must say it is beautiful.  I love her yard.  They live on a farm outside of town and he raises cattle on the side.



I really need to start working on distance in my landscape paintings.  I am having a hard time with the background looking like its in the background.  I need to get out more and work on this.  Any suggestions from you would be mucho appreciated.  Maybe with the weather cooling off I'll be able to do that.  I know everything comes with practice and that is what I need more of.  The coloring didn't come out very good from my camera I'm going to try retaking that tomorrow under better lighting.
Oh well, not bad for a beginning back intermediate artist!  LOL

1 comment:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I think your painting with the watermelon is beautiful and those grapes are amazing.