Saturday, October 22, 2011

Where oh Where

I have the craziest story to tell.  I painted this painting today
from this photo of a friend's rooster
Now here is the crazy part.  I came in the house to load the photos I took of the paintings, took a nap started supper then went to the garage to touch up the rooster.  The painting is gone! Flew the coop!  My husband and I looked that garage over and it is no where to be found.  Now mind you I can not understand why anyone would come in my garage and steal it.  But I have been having some crazy things happen lately that are missing that all pertain to my art room.  I bought two new colors the other day and a spray bottle from Hobby Lobby!  Not in the garage studio.  Then I misplaced I thought my ATM card, no where to be found, had to cancel!  This is getting crazier.  I'm just glad I had shown my husband the painting and then taken a picture so someone knows it really did exist.  I'm beginning to think maybe I'm smelling to many fumes except that the garage is very well ventilated, garage door open, windows open fans blowing etc.  I just don't know what happened, have I put it somewhere, likely, but unlikely.

I also finished up my watermelon painting out there today.  If someone were stealing you would think they would have taken that painting.  I had forgotten to put the most important thing on the watermelon, the seeds and I added some leaves on the left, lightened the vase and reworked the plums and grapes on right side of painting.  I am very proud of this one thinking there might possibly be hope for me!  One in 10 paintings.  I'm hoping for more....LOL


Here are a few paintings I did when I studied with Christine Verner, from McAlester, OK.  She has such an understanding of color.  I wish I knew everything she knows about color, but I'm learning.

I love the red's in these poppies.  I totally loved working with cad red and cad orange in this painting

this is another painting I did while in her class.  I love painting the darker skin people and I am still working on another painting.  Their skin has so many beautiful colors.



I'm still a work in progress and I am hoping to find my niche someday on where I want to settle.  Right now I am all over the place to the point I am thinking about embarking on single item paintings for awhile until I can get a better understanding of shapes, values and color.




No comments: