Sunday, October 23, 2011

Study of some of Monet's paintings

Today I thought I would follow another artist's footsteps that I follow Art Talk by Julie Ford Oliver .  She did a series of studies from some of the old Master's paintings.  I think she did a wonderful job.  Her objective is to learn as much as she can from them.  My objective is to learn period!  I started out working on grass and leaves, from Monet's Water Lilies


then took an old painting I had started from an on-line class with Morgan Samuel Price, and tried to finish them.
Then, this morning I woke up and remembered where the ROOSTER WAS!  I had set him on an the ledge of an old upright cedar chest.  Imagine who would have thought.  The gremlins didn't take him, but they still haven't told me where the paint I bought is located!

I reworked Mr. Rooster's background, and the color's just aren't showing up exactly in my photo's.  That really isn't gray in his coat.  It is more of an orchid!  LOL  Maybe that is a hint that I need to change it!  God forbid I become famous and they take a picture of it for books etc. and that gray shows up on his back!  LOL

My reference Photo

All in all I think I had a pretty productive day.  At least I can say I am learning something, haven't quite put my finger on it yet, but when I think of it I'll share it.

3 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

Love your paintings and your blog. Really excellent posts.

Sharlette White said...

Thank you Ruth. I'm just getting into it and hope to have something for everyone with a litlle of my everyday SNAFU's thrown in for entertainment! LOL its always nice to know someone's reading it, thats why I try to comment on others, we all need our backs patted along the way.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I hope you enjoyed painting the Monet as you did a very good job.
Thank you for supporting me and all the artists you comment on.